Ride Towards Happiness (Happiness follows Success)




Having started my first job interview, I've always aspired to become a successful woman in the society. It was my first ever company while away from families and friends and stepping out of my comfort zone.
It’s a warm humid morning in March 2014. I’m 25 years old. And I just got my first job interview at Yoko-Eita Group. My hands were shaking as I struggled to find my mass transit card amongst a bag of papers. The line of commuters behind me clearly displayed their displeasure as I've taken a few extra seconds to search for the card in my bag.
RTA Handrails along Union Metro Station

 The commute -

 I’m at the Union Station, surrounded by hundreds of people in suits and business casual garb. By the time I found the card, swipe it, and go through the turn-style, the line has diverted to the other gates. And rightfully so, had it been the day before, I would have been in a rush too. Standing on the platform, I watched them anxiously stare down the tracks for the next train to arrive, as if their focus on the empty third-rail will make the train come quicker.

A few minutes later, the train arrives, and the commuters pile into the train-car. And with no seats available, I struggled to hold onto a handle. Packed in the car like sardines in a can –and smelling as such! Hahaha – we continue on.
Afterwards, I talked to people who are employed; the conversation is much different than they are accustomed to thinking about. Because I did not approach them from the perspective of another employee learning about what they do professionally. But rather, I approached the conversation as a person generally interested by the underlying decisions of their lifestyle choice.


         My First day at work -

I started to like the company and the people behind it, though I don’t have any ideas what the industry is all about, but it’s quite challenging to know how its gonna work out.
At the same time, I started to meet the CEO and the Manager; I am perfectly calm and excited to my upcoming journey. They are nice and smart at the same time and I am pretty sure about my next months with them will bring ideas and perspective to my human being.

Yoko Translation Staff – Grand Launch at The Conrad Hotel

The company started, business established more than we expected. We had ups and downs, success and failures, happiness over sadness, but we remain strong despite of everything. 
We had our Grand Launch last June. My first exposure into an Event and that was the time I completely understand the business. It was all about Corporate Events, and the first thing I loved most is I can be able to meet different kinds of people in the whole world, starts from the richest, famous, influential and my favorite part is the International cuisine offered by the Hotel. LOL!

Many times we had been invited for an event, our knowledge become strong in terms of dealing people about the industry. We feel blessed everyday, the equipment started to work and satisfy people with direct services we rendered.
Following days and months passed by, people gone, people changed, new things, experiences, new staff came others were remain, we stood straight, we fought, learned and grew.
Yoko Translation ladies doing Zumba
Gold’s Gym, Al Barsha, U.A.E.
Building friendship to your coworkers for me is the first step to gain trust, and through trust people easily work comfortable, they’ll strive more than you expected, compliments and boosting confident, great sound to describe my coworkers. POW WOW and setting limit can describe also how we were; we call ourselves construction working ladies on heels.
I liked my job. I liked my coworkers. I love my manager most. I liked the money. I liked meeting and talking to people during conferences. I liked the continuous training. I liked the everyday learning. I liked the view of the Jumeirah Lake from the skyscraper. I love it all. I know my life is destined for more.
The Speech
The lady in the picture, her name is Mirza, she's the Manager, I love her, honestly she
taught me everything, from the businesses to personals, she’s my booster, I got courage to do whatever I want without stepping to others.
I believe God sent me to the company just to meet her and gain from her. I have learned a lot, no actually everything. She’s an angel, I am still standing because of her, and she always believes in me and inspires me.
I've met a few people over the years that love their job. I can somewhat see the logic in following a passion while working for the company, money is a necessity but the lessons and experience is the most and the people behind it. Good or bad still they will teach you that will bring you on top.
I was comfortable with the view of the river. I was comfortable with my coworkers. I was comfortable with this shitty commute and the barbaric smell inside the train. I was comfortable with my job. That’s why I am enjoying the rest of the time given from above and the people on it.

And now, looking back at that day, there are such things in my mind, I have learned, meet people, grow, loved, hated, envy, inspired, pushed and so on. So I took a deep breath, smiled, and enjoyed the rest of the ride.


“Our bravest and best lessons are not learned through success, but through misadventure.”





Comments

Popular Posts