My Favorite place at Home


"Whenever we look for an apartment, I always look for a balcony that has a direct sunlight as I am a person who is fond of gardening and loves growing vegetables, flowers, fruits and herbs".


It all started in November 2019, as a newly wed couple me and my husband decided to look for a bigger place to live in, we've checked several areas in Dubai and found this newly built community in Liwan Queue Point in Dubailand area. I'm only 7 mins away from my work place, the community was so nice, peaceful, pet friendly and greeny, it also offers several facility for fitness and shops for your household needs.




When we moved in to our new apartment, the balcony wasn't even existed, it was a mess of dirt, dust, rocks, and sand. It seemed as it was just a door leading out to this space and used to be a ordinary glass window. We began to clear the small area and used several brushes for scrubbing. Since the patio has a direct sunlight facing the community park, I make sure that this will result as my comfort place in the entire house.

I started asking help from our company gardener who also works for Dubai Miracle Garden. He offered me a bucket of flowers about 4 of them and sent straight to my home. The next day I brought medium sized pots and again asked him to fill it with plants and flowers. I wonder what our building security would think of me every time I enter the building with full of plants both hands.

The artificial grass was laid, flowers were planted and this non-existent space is now a spacious patio. I started to see colors in the house. 



As you can see, our patio has come a loooong way since we moved into our new home. What was once bare and boring, is now full of life and makes for a great outdoor living space!


The first week of January, again I received another set of flowers fresh from Dubai Miracle Garden, the Operations Manager sent me these beautiful flowers in addition to my collections.




I properly managed to have my own mini garden with the help of my Dubai Miracle Garden team and my husband. I am blown away by how lush, green and alive our flowers, they're blooming and made our balcony much more cozy and inviting. 

I recently added these shelves to our living room. This is such a great way to manage your plants. You can pick a spot to hang your shelves that gets good filtered sunlight. And it allows you to play with all different types of mini plants!

I was able to make my own macrame for hanging pants. A long hanging plants is probably my FAVORITE type of plants.


I have added string lights that illuminate this space when the sun goes down, and that's my favorite time to come out here to relax.

Comments

Popular Posts